Work Toward an Exercise Goal!
You should start with a goal in mind - moderate exercise for 45 minutes daily.
That's👆🏽 the amount that has been shown to deliver real health benefits.
Now, decide the best way to get started and how quickly you can progress toward that goal.
✅Make exercise a habit:
Once exercise becomes a daily part of your life, you may very well wonder why you ever lived without it...but that won't happen over night.
Begin with these simple tips👇🏽 to start including activity in your day.
- Make time to "play"! Whether it's basketball 🏀 in the driveway or tag with the kids, play is a great way to inject activity into your day.
- Pick something you like! Hate the treadmill? Go for a scenic walk along the river 🚣🏼 instead. Look for ways to make the activites you already like more active.
- Start slow and build up. Start with three 10-minute segments. Gradually add time or intensity to your activity every week. You'll not only see results sooner, you'll avoid burnout and develop a habit you can sustain for life.
- Schedule the time. The best way to never have time to exercise is to just "squeeze it in" sometime during the day. Plan your workout time just like you'd plan an important meeting.
- Add some variety. Begin adding short strength-training sessions to your walking routine, or try biking or swimming, and don't forget stretching or yoga.
The key is developing a program you can and want to maintain for life.
|Momma & Baby|